Tuesday, December 15, 2009

fashion: blazin'

blazers: bluecord
(blue corduroy, h&m)

catholic school
gave me
a great disdain
for
anything with
collars and buttons.
plaid
and all
things
preppy
were way
to close
to the
uniform
i was forced
to wear
for 15 years.
but it was
the 80s
and preppy
was big.
so what.

blazers: brownplaid
(brown velvet pinstriped, h&m- thrifted!)

i once heard
you should
pick
a profession
based on
what you
want to wear.
i dread
ending up
in a job
that requires
a business suit.
ecologist/
entomologist
suits me
just fine
because
no one
cares
what you wear.
dressy
in the ecologist
world
is putting
on
something
clean.
i am considered
dressy
in my field
because
i color
coordinate.

blazers: blackcord
(black corduroy, h&m- thrifted!)

i hate
to say it
but
i blame
my new
fancy
for blazers
on jcrew.
i saw
this blazer
and
this one too.
i started
coveting
blazers.
i found myself
cruising
the blazer aisle
at value village.
i think
they appealed
to me
paired
with
less dressy
clothing
like tees
& jean shorts.

blazers: redplaid
(red plaid, thrifted-
still had original tags!)

red plaid tags

my mother
would be
so proud...
she always
hoped
i would wear
something
"more appropriate"
(i.e. something
from eddie bauer).

what
are your
new
fashion
loves?

xo

blazin': black corduroy

9 comments:

shari said...

awesome. you sport the blazer look well.

Ruby Leonne said...

I too share a love for blazers. I only attended catholic school for three years but I jumped for joy once my mother told me I had to go. I loved the plaid and pleated skirt look. I must admit even in my adulthood I'm looking for a cute plaid/pleated skirt now!!! Love your blog!

clairehelene7 said...

I love your fashion sense.

The Rotary said...

what fabulous outfits!! all of them. my favorite has to be the brown pants with pink tights. LOVE.

Christine Gram said...

I used to hate skirts. Loathed them. But recently, for some reason I adore wearing long boots, crazy socks and/or tights with a playful knee length skirt. I feel very at ease in such a get up.

I love the blazers but I have extremely long arms and have never found one that fits me right.

Elspeth said...

You look amazing, as always.

Please don't laugh when I say this was the year I really worked out how to wear sweaters. Thank you, New England, my knitting makes sense now.

lisa solomon said...

i went through a blazer phase!!! i have a plaid one too!
:)
now i want to pull them back out. but i have NO REASON to wear nice clothes these days ....

f. pea said...

My fashion love right now is anything that doesn't have spit-up on it.

Anonymous said...

super-score on the plaid blazer!