the american craft council baltimore show
is an amazing line-up of craft artists from all over the country.
i highly recommend seeing the craft council shows
when they come to your town.
although these shows are overwhelming,
they are both fun and inspiring.
it is so exciting to see all the creativity in one place.
grub said that it was one of the few places
that my dress-style was in the majority.
under normal conditions
grub can spot me in a crowd
because i am the brightest one there.
i think my favorite newly discovered artist
is lynn whipple.
she does beautiful pieces constructed
from old photographs and other found objects
on which she paints and writes.
her pieces are intricate, beautiful and fragile.
this is the piece we decided upon:
note: the old science model is not part of the piece
it is entitled he she
some of her pieces had a great deal of writing on them
i prefer the more subtle pieces with just images.
Here are some other artists that
i would recommend checking out:
lynn whipple (& her husband)
reina mia brill
lulu smith studio
sarah j. hassler
tagged by latoya.
I am afraid that I am pretty boring on this one
because I don’t have much time to read or pleasure...
Name 5 of your favorite books:
there are a lot of them but these are some that come to mind…
1. Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson
2. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
3. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
5. Blood Meridian by Cormac Mccarthy
What was the last book(s) you bought (or brought home from the library)?
although I am an advocate of the library…
in the last 2 years I have only checked out books for research…
Genetic Structure and Local Adaptation in Natural Insect Populations
What was the last 3 books you read?
1. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
2. Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan
3. The Girl’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
List 5 books that have been particularly meaningful to you.
1. Animal Farm by George Orwell
2. Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
3. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
4. Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling
5. Moominland Midwinter by Tove Jansson
Name three books you've been dying to read but just haven't gotten around to it.
1. The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell
2. My Year of Meats by Ruth L. Ozeki
3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
Tag 5 (or more) people and to answer these questions on their own blog.
enough for today…
i will save f. pea’s craft table challenge for monday.