Monday, January 23, 2006

cascade 220 is dreamy

I just finished all my purses to ship off to Fancy in Seattle.
I will post pictures when I get this html thing down
with the help of f.pea.
Here is a little something I wrote for Debbie Stoller's newest book...
not that she will use it... but it had to be done,
don't you think?

“Oh Cascade 220, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways..."
adapted from Elizabeth Barrett Browning by bugheart

Cascade 220, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the fiber and length and height
My knitting needle can reach, when felting comes out right
For the ends not woven and mistakes leave no trace.
I love thee for the knitting of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and café light.
I love thee cheaply, as my budget is tight;
I love thee truly, the vastness of your colors I praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my felted purses, only you do I rest my faith.
I love thee with a love I will never lose
Even with softer cashmerinos, --- I love thee with the breath,
Mitts, purses, of all my projects! --- it is only you I choose,
To all other yarns and Debbie Bliss I am deaf.

1 comment:

f. pea said...

oh! the passion! i am burning.